973-714-8288 info@sterilespace.com

Protecting People in Your Environment

FAQ: Getting Infected or Preventing Infection

How Do We Get Infected?

​The are three primary ways that we humans acquire infections:

  1. The first is through direct, person to person contact with a person who is sick or has an infection. That infection is transferred from one person to another by direct touch contact; shaking hands, hugging, kissing and any other form of physical contact.
  2. The second is through indirect personal contact That infection is transferred from one person to another by indirect contact such as being coughed or sneezed upon by a sick person. The average sneeze travels as fast as 100 miles per hour, can go as far as 60+ feet in distance and can have 5,000 droplets of of mist containing over 10,000 bacteria cells.
  3. The third way and most prevalent way of catching an infection is through cross contamination infection. That is touching a surface or holding an object that has someone else’s germs are deposited on and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Considering the average person can touch their face as many as 2,800 per day on average, all those germs you picked up can easily get you sick once you touch yourself. Whether you wipe your mouth, rub your nose or eyes or even have an open wound or sore, those infectious germs can get in and make you sick.

How Do We PREVENT Infection?

The basic ways to prevent catching infections are very simple:

  1. Stay away from sick people. If someone in the room or on the bus or in the cafeteria is coughing, sit as far away as you can.
  2. Wash your hands OFTEN. It is suggested that a person should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water. Wash when you get up in the morning. Wash before eating any food. Wash if you’ve been handling different items. Wash, wash, wash.
  3. If you have an open cut, wound or sore, wash it with soap and water and put a band-aid or bandage on it. If it’s properly covered, it can’t get infected.
  4. Keep your and your families stuff clean. Wipe down the kitchen and bathrooms very well with a good quality cleaner. Wash clothes in an antibacterial detergent. Wash and dry your and your children’s toys.
  5. Call Sterile Space Infection Defense to service your facility for up to 12 months of surface coating growth eradication of odor causing bacteria and mold staining organisms.

FAQ for Child Care Centers

Q: Isn’t your company just a fancy cleaning service?
A: No. We don’t offer cleaning services. We only do surface disinfecting and long-term antimicrobial application to exponentially reduce the survival and growth of germs within your facility.

Q: We clean and disinfect regularly, why do I need an antimicrobial treatment service?
A: Cleaning and disinfecting are only 2/3 of proper infection prevention efforts today. The antimicrobial we apply, works like an Immune System for your facility for at least one year, 24/7/365.

Q: I’m using the usual bleach and water solution isn’t that sufficient?
A: Absolutely not. Although bleach does kill a great number of pathogens, it is still quite dangerous to use around children. This is because of the risks associated with bleach inhalation and tissue contact.

Q: Isn’t it better to let the kids be exposed to new germs so they build up their immune systems?
A: This idea is totally false. It takes decades and even centuries for the human immune system to adapt to infectious organisms. You will not see students develop an immunity to infections like Shigella, Ringworm, Coxsackie, TB, MRSA, E.Coli, Klebsiella, or many others in this lifetime.

Q: How long will the treatment last and how often do I need to have it done again?
A: The product is so durable, that it is warranted to last at least one year. Possibly every 18 to 24 months.

Q: We use an outside cleaning service, aren’t their products the same as what you offer?
A: Unfortunately no. Almost any antimicrobial which they might have is not the same. It might last 60 days if you’re lucky and may actually be a sacrificial poison, which is more common.

Q: Is this treatment just another chemical poison and isn’t it dangerous to use around people?
A: Absolutely NOT. It’s a non-sacrificial antimicrobial. Not a chemical poison. It is very safe to use.

Q: If I use your service, isn’t that an admission guilt or liability of having a biologically dirty facility?
A: Absolutely NOT. The parents of the children you care for expect a very clean and biologically safe environment for their children. By using our service, you are being responsible to that expectation. You are being pro-active, rather than reactive. That is appreciated by the parents and your staff.

Q: How long has this product been on the market, and where has it been used?
A: Over 35 years. It was developed by DOW Chemical. It is EPA Registered and used in Cancer/Medical Centers, Schools and Universities, Major Sports Teams, Shoe and Clothing Manufacturers, Public Transportation and the US Military.

Q: How do I know it’s really working and what proof do you provide?
A: We take pre-service bio-contamination readings with an ATP meter. That is what the CDC, EPA and professional food plant inspectors use to determine a facility’s biological cleanliness. Then we return every 90 days to take follow-up readings to show the considerable decrease in bio-load on your surfaces. You are also provided with a Certificate of Treatment for public display, and flyers for parents.

Q: I don’t think I have it in the budget for this year. Is it very expensive?
A: No it is not expensive. However, not taking such precautions could be very expensive. The service actually helps reduce the germs on treated surfaces and the costs associated with cleaning. It provides a biologically safer center and a great public relations boost about your center.

FREE REPORT

TESTIMONIALS

Our center has had much less illness and spread of germs.

Red Carpet Kids

<< Prev
Next >>

Protecting People in Your Environment